This one-day symposium is part of the official centenary programme of Finland's independence.
It will showcase Finnish science and promote scientific collaboration between Finland and the United Kingdom and discuss its future.
The event consists of talks by leading scientists and policy-makers, and an exhibition of posters and stands. Speakers include:
- Venki Ramakrishnan, President of the Royal Society
- Heikki Mannila, President of the Academy of Finland
- Risto Nieminen, Finnish Academy of Science and Letters
- Antti Vasara, President and CEO of VTT Technical Research Center of Finland
- Howard Jacobs, Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki
- Marjo-Riitta Järvelin, Imperial College London
- Jorma Louko, University of Nottingham
The full programme will be available at a later date.
Participants and organisations invited to present their work or activities at the event. There will a prize for the best poster by a PhD/postdoctoral researcher. To propose a poster, please enter the details on the registration form by 15 October. Posters selected for display will be informed two weeks before the event.
The event is free to attend but to help planning we ask participants to register in advance. Lunch will be provided for registered participants.